Montag, 28. Januar 2008

Nica Noches...

As it seems that most of the friends visiting my blog are non German speakers, i decided to write at least my Nicaragua post in English ;-)

As many of you know i went to Nicaragua with my Swiss ex-roommate Annie. And as all the tourista coming from Costa Rica, we as well stopped in San Juan del Sur, which was supposed to be a nice beach...well it is nice...for surfing, but we didn´t...so...anyway...the thing is that compared to San Blas Islands in Panama all beaches SUCK!!!

Next stop was Isla de Ometepe, an island with two volcanoes in Lake Nicaragua, which at the end of the 19th century almost made it to be the Panama-, well Nicaragua Canal...but due to some guy favouring Panama, who sent postcards with Nicaraguan stamps showing an errupting volcano, we´re talking about the panama canal today...weird story? just do some research if you want to know the whole thing...

Anyways...Ometepe (Nahuatl: two mountains ) was NICE!!! tranquilo, but exactly that is the nice thing about this place...everything is rural...people are still friendly when seeing tourists...greeting them with an "Hola" or "Buenas"...whatelse do you want??? Nice nature maybe? Ometepe has it all...we did a muddy 8 hour hike up one of the volcanoes and my calves still hurt, even today!!!

Right now we´re in Granada, which is SUCH A NICE PLACE too!!! eventhough i would like not liking it, since everybody seems to do and it´s full of tourists...but yet i do!!!

The plan is to leave this great place for another great place called León tomorrow...

When I did some research (in my Lonely Planet) about León the first name that struck me was Rubén Darío and I remembered that I had to give a presentation about him and his works in my second semester...unfortunately I don´t remember that much about him, but hope to learn a lot, being there...according to the Nicaraguans he IS the greatest poet ever!!!

Anyways...this was just a short post to keep those reading this and not being in contact with me a bit informed...

I will try to write more, once everything is a bit more tranquilo! ;-)

Btw...there are no fotos this time, since I didn't take my camera cable with me...but maybe in Guatemala, Cuba or even only once I'm back in my querida Costa Rrrrica!!!

Last but not least to quote a very good friend of mine:
I know there are a lot of mistakes in this post (some of them even deliberately)

4 Kommentare:

Sarapen hat gesagt…

Good to know you haven't been robbed and left for dead in a ditch. So there are Mayans in Nicaragua then? I'd thought they were further north in Guatemala and Mexico. Anyway, good luck and try not to die.

vancho hat gesagt…

What the fuck with this comment by j de leon (facho!)... well enjoy your trip, and Ruben Darío is a very good reason to start reading in spanish, thinking in spanish...
will see you soon.
pal'norte.

Sarapen hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
Sarapen hat gesagt…

Suck me sideways, pinko! Deutschland über alles!