Montag, 4. Februar 2008

some additional thoughts on Nicaragua...and some on Guatemala...

Eventhough I left Nicaragua already a few days ago,I still feel the urge of writing a few words about it. Actually just about León, a city, colonial like Granada, but less touristic. Granada with its nicely painted houses, which look almost NEW, was nice and all, but far less authentic than León. It's not that I didn't like Granada, because I really did. But the lack of tourists and the buildings that DIDN'T look as nice as the once in Granada give the city a totally different charme. Why I write this? Because people (and tourist guides) compare those two cities and I don't really think that you can!!!

But what am I up to now? Well, currently I am in Antigua, Guatemala. Kind of stranded, since a friend cancelled on me and our trip to the Copán ruins in Honduras and a good friend of mine is living here. I was dissapointed in the beginning, but okay with the situation by now. Living with my friend and not in a hostel it is also pretty hard getting to know other travellers. Well, it's also not that I try really hard. But I just enjoy being in Antigua, which is another colonial, touristic and yet VERY nice city!!!

So I am not following my initial "plans", a bit distracted, but still not yet losing track...I went to see the Volcán Pacaya yesterday, to Lago de Atitlán this week and will head north to the Maya ruins of Tikal next week.

I also plan to upload some pictures these days...but it's not that easy with the internet connections, which are not the fastest...

Keine Kommentare: